Join the movement.
Give Life by donating cord blood.
Need Help or want to give your feedback?
YOU CAN GIVE LIFE BY DONATING CORD BLOOD
- The Ottawa Hospital General Campus
- The William Osler Health System’s Brampton Civic Hospital
- The Alberta Health Services’ Lois Hole Hospital for Women
- The BC Women’s Hospital and Health Centre in Vancouver
What Is Cord Blood?
Blood in the umbilical cord and placenta is rich with blood-forming stem cells that can help save the lives of patients with diseases and disorders such as leukemia, lymphoma and aplastic anemia. With your consent, Canadian Blood Services can collect cord blood when you deliver your baby for Canadian Blood Services' Cord Blood Bank—to be used by anyone who needs stem cell treatment.
What Is Canadian Blood Services' Cord Blood Bank?
Canadian Blood Services' Cord Blood Bank is part of the Canadian Blood Services OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network that:
- Recruits healthy, unrelated*, volunteer blood stem cell donors
- Searches for patients who need an unrelated blood stem cell transplant
- Coordinates the delivery of blood stem cells when a match is found
* “Unrelated” means a donation from someone who is not a relative.
WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
Becoming a parent is a life-changing moment full of promise, joy and a natural share of anxiety. For parents of a sick child, those worries are more intense - especially if that child needs a stem cell transplant to survive. You have the power to Give Life to patients in Canada and around the world.
Interpreter and translation services in Punjabi and Chinese are available free of charge.
You have the power to Give Life twice.