Canadian Blood Services recognizes that it can provide unique opportunities to researchers interested in transfusion and transplantation science and will entertain requests for letters of support for research grant proposals. Canadian Blood Services may provide research teams with in-kind support, including access to unique research equipment and facilities; access to unique expertise; provision of unique research samples or data, as well as support to disseminate research findings. However, because each research project is unique, it is anticipated that Canadian Blood Services’ support to each project will also be unique.
Canadian Blood Services will prioritize its support towards research projects that will add value to the operations of Canadian Blood Services or to the broader blood system in a cost-efficient way. For example, projects which are anticipated to impact collection of blood or blood components or blood products manufacturing processes are welcome.
Requests for letters of support should be sent to email@example.com a minimum of three weeks prior to the grant application deadline. The subject line of the email should be: Request for Letter of Support.
The request must include:
- Contact information for the request including name, email and phone number
- The name and affiliation of the grant applicant
- A clear summary of the proposed research including the anticipated project deliverables and how they may add value to the operations of Canadian Blood Services or to the broader blood system in a cost-efficient way
- The in-kind support requested from Canadian Blood Services and justification for the need for in-kind support, as well as an anticipated timeline
- The funding competition information to which the research proposal is being submitted and the submission deadline or the date by which the letter of support must be provided
Canadian Blood Services internal scientists who need confirmation of their status and of general support for their laboratories from the organization should contact their respective Associate Directors.