Frequently Asked Questions:
- Why does Canadian Blood Services need to fundraise?
- Where do I send my donation or how do I contact you?
- What is your policy on administrative costs?
- What is your Charitable Organization Registration Number and official name?
1) Why does Canadian Blood Services need to fundraise?
It is one more way that Canadian Blood Services is doing everything it can to build the best possible blood system. The money raised through the fundraising activities will go towards four main areas:
- Building a national public cord blood bank. Support from financial donors to our first ever $12.5 million capital campaign, For All Canadians. will provide new mothers with an opportunity to donate their child's umbilical cord for the benefit of patients in need of a stem cell donation.
- Recruiting new blood donors and increasing registrants to the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network, particularly those who represent Canada's youth and diverse ethno-cultural backgrounds. For example, this could be done through specialized marketing and recruitment campaigns directed at engaging those diverse blood donors that will be needed to sustain our blood system.
- Enhancing our clinics, which will help retain blood donors by providing them with an improved blood donor experience. Clinic enhancement may include improved collection technology to maximize the gift of each donor, furnishings and amenities to make donating a more pleasant experience, and improving the convenience and effectiveness of blood donor clinics.
- Improving our research & development programs by providing extra funding for new equipment, technology, projects or facilities. Research and Development is crucial to maintaining a state-of-the-art, excellent blood system in Canada. Advances in collection, storage, clinical use and product quality are among the ongoing goals of Canadian Blood Services' Research & Development program.
2) Where do I send my donation or how do I contact you?
Canadian Blood Services
Fundraising & Development Office
1800 Alta Vista Drive
Ottawa, ON, K1G 4J5
1 888 2 DONATE (1-888-236-6283).
Ask for the Fundraising & Development Office
3) What is your policy on administrative costs?
Canadian Blood Services will direct no more than 20% of financial donations to cover the costs of administration for the office of fundraising.
4) What is your Charitable Organization Registration Number and official name?
Canadian Blood Services' Charitable Organization Registration Number is 87015 7641 RR0001 and our official legal name is Canadian Blood Services.